Do you have a professional development project or research you would like to pursue? Are you a TAEA member? Then apply for a Foundation Grant! All grant applications are due June 1 using the online application below.
General Guidelines for Grant
- The grant is earmarked for direct personal professional development, i.e., research, professional activities, creative work, research-based publications, etc. A grant will not be awarded for self-publication costs.
- The grant is generally to encourage new work, but work already begun will be considered.
- Funding will not be offered for projects geared solely to educational activities, supplies or materials, which should be funded by your institution.
- Funding request for meals or books will not be honored.
- The grant will be awarded to current TAEA members only.
Guidelines for Grant Disbursement
- Each application consists of a standard form available online.
- The grant will not exceed $500.
- The grant will be awarded July 30; deadline to apply is June 1.
- The grant will be awarded by the TAEF Board of Trustees who are not eligible to apply.
- Funds will be given July 30.
- A TAEA member may not receive more than one grant in a two-year period.
- TAEA member receiving the grant will agree to present a workshop on the funded project / research / creative activity at the next fall TAEA conference or a like activity approved by the TAEF Chairman.
Guidelines for Grant Application Form
- Fill out completely. Incomplete forms will not be reviewed.
- Total amount not to exceed $500.
- General Description of Project — Give a brief description of what the project entails.
- Current Status of Project — if project is underway, give a status report and what will be necessary to finish.
- Anticipated Outcomes — With completion of the project, will you be publishing, having an exhibit, lecturing, regarding your findings, etc?
- Time Line — Show your proposed time line with as specific dates as possible.
- Itemized Budget — Prepare a DETAILED LIST of expenses covering the requested amount of the grant. Be specific. List items and their costs.
- Final Report — A final report on your grant is due within one year after you receive your grant. Failure to meet this requirement will preclude your further involvement in the TAEF Grant Program.